Friday, September 5, 2008

It’s nice to take your time!

It’s nice to take your time! Twifties need their relaxation.

by Lauren Traub Teton

I was getting ready for a road trip to visit my old dad out of state. I had been rushing around for days, and my body told me to slow down, even though I knew he was waiting patiently for my visit. I like to travel in the daylight, but I just needed to move slowly that day in my trip preparations.

Finally, I was ready and I hit the road. It was Labor Day weekend, but by the time I started driving, I found a wormhole with no traffic! Darkness fell during my drive, but I was pretty close to my destination by then. Gazing at the road straight ahead, suddenly I saw an explosion of pink and red colored stars in the sky far ahead, above the asphalt. Fireworks! I was treated to a 3 minute fireworks display directly ahead of me. My timing was perfect, after all.

I felt that the beautiful fireworks display that I passed at the exact right moment was a confirmation of my decision to move slowly instead of forcing my tired self to rush some more.

A few days later on the way back home, I also let the “flow” dictate my departure time and pace. Stopping the car for a quick rest and stretch, I heard thunder, and it led me to get out of the car to look at the sky. I gasped aloud as I found myself standing in the exact center of a perfect delicious rainbow. I could see almost the whole arc!

I arrived home and unpacked the car, and just as I closed the door of my house behind me, gentle rain began to fall. I was glad to be safe inside, finished with my trip.

Timing... excellent again!

If you have the luxury of not being on a tight schedule, it is so nice to take your time. If you don’t have the luxury, try to plan ahead for a little block of unscheduled time.
Wonderful surprises may come your way!

Twenty-four Hour Run Away!? Sound Good! You bet!
Find out what it is in our blog article 4/20/09.

*****************************************************************************

Want more positive inspiration?

Want to share what you know to make other's lives easier and better?

You can have your own blog on Twifties.com!

No comments: